Episode® Kameleon 12x16 Invisible Speaker (Each)
- Discover a speaker that virtually disappears into the customer’s wall while producing room-filling audio. Once installed, the Episode Kameleon Invisible Speaker can be covered with any finish the customer wants (even wallpaper!) to blend right in with the room’s dcor – making it a perfect solution for the most demanding applications. Plus it’s built like a traditional loudspeaker, so it doesn't vibrate the wall around it to create sound like mounted transducers do. And for the finishing touch, we included a mounting template and spring-loaded brackets to allow for step-by-step installation.
The Power of Invisibility
- If only the walls could talk… oh wait, now they can. This architectural speaker is perfect for the most discerning customers and interior designers who desire a quality, hidden performance. Once installed and covered to match, it becomes part of the wall – completely disappearing from sight.
- This is not your ordinary invisible speaker. Unlike wall-shaking mounted transducers, it’s built like a traditional loudspeaker – with components like a magnet and voice coil, high-pass filter, full-range driver and more. It produces quality sound in a flat form factor that incorporates directly into the wall, and has a 170 degree dispersion to provide more coverage than the average loudspeaker can.
- The initial part of the install is really similar to what’s done for a standard in-wall – cut the sheet-rock and mount the speaker in place – but then it’s time to make it invisible with your custom finish of choice. To help cut the complexity, we’ve provided step-by-step instructions for installing this product. Just use the included template to mark the appropriate holes, then cut it out, screw in the mounting brackets, and pop in the speaker. The brackets have pre-drilled holes for install ease, plus springs that support the speaker and allow you to get it perfectly level with the drywall. Once installed, the speaker needs to be covered in drywall, sanded, and the final cosmetic finish applied.
- Note: Installation Template is included in the box.
Installs Just About Anywhere
- Perfect for in-wall and in-ceiling applications, this speaker has a pressurized fiberglass sheet that acts as the diaphragm – making it resistant to cracking. It requires just under 3” of depth for mounting, and works with standard metal and wood studs, as well as 1/2” and 5/8” drywall – making it perfect for residential and commercial applications.
- When using an installed product like this, we know that long-term reliability is key. In addition to using high-quality materials, there is also a self-resetting poly switch that prevents the speaker from ever coming close to over-driving. If the customer starts really cranking it, it will automatically disconnect the speaker until the volume returns to a safe level.